Big D was helping me weed and plant some flowers a few days ago ... in between the enormous amounts of rain and thunderstorms we've had lately ... I was pointed out various bugs for him and he found a rolly polly (potato bug) on the sidewalk. He was so excited and was giving me the play by play as it maneuvered across the cement. The conversation went like this:
D: "Mom! It's going to the grass"
D: "It loves grass, rolly pollies eat grass"
D: "Rolly Pollies think grass is yummy for their tummies, but I don't think it is yummy for my tummy."
D: "Oh, no - it is going to our house"
D: "Mommy! It wants to eat my macaroni and cheese!"
D: "Don't let it get my macaroni and cheese!"
after reassuring him that the rolly polly couldn't get to the basement where the boxes of mac and cheese are,
D: "I love macaroni and cheese ... it is in the basement. It is not good for rolly polly tummies"
Friday, May 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment