We officially have another kindergarten grad at our house! Yeah! Miss Lilly's class had a luau on Wednesday and all the kids were recognized for their great achievements this year. After they got to rotate through 'hawiian themed' stations for the afternoon (grass skirts out of paper bags, fishing game, paper flower leis, face painting ... )
Can you see the freckles on her face? I promise they are there -- just little specks ... Big D is convinced that by the end of the summer he will have some bigger than Master S'.
Waiting for the fun part ...
This is Miss Lilly with her teacher - she had an awesome year! I helped out in the face painting for the luau ... found out it helps to know what power rangers, and various sport team's logos look like when painting kindergartner's faces. I also found out that I really need to wear sunscreen ... again. You'd think after getting sunburned almost every year of my life I would learn, but no - my arms are an incredible shade of red, still. This has made it difficult to hold Big D and after a day of warning him not to get too close to my arms, he said, "You have had a sunburn too long mommy. It's time for you to give your sunburn to someone else's arms!" If only it were that easy :)
Friday, May 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
I have to learn that sunburn lesson every year, too. Glad to know I'm not the only one.
Post a Comment