Monday, April 11, 2011

Green Grass and Strep Throat

It is finally green here ... not gray/brown blah Indiana (although today the sky is because it is raining ...) but, the ground isn't!  I am certain that I have never lived in a place that gets so green in the spring!  This is my third spring here and I am still overwhlemed with the almost neon green that screams at me everytime I walk out the door.  It is even in the medians between the road, it is spreading over the forest floor, it is overtaking the brown grass that I thought was already kinda green, but now it is superpower green!  I love it!  In another life I think I ought to work in a nursery ... not a baby nursery, but a plant nursery ... maybe that's my problem - I got mixed up in the message, maybe I really should work in a plant nursery!  I think it would be a little bit of heaven to watch 'green' grow in a greenhouse, and probably a little less stressful than babies in a hospital!  Although, I have to say that taking care of new moms and babies can be a little bit of heaven too!

And, I also found out today that the nasty sore throat I had been cursing the green, blooming things for, really is strep throat.  After crashing on the couch after church yesterday for several hours (yes, J.D. was pretty certain is was several) and pretty much not caring about anything ... not even whinny, crying, complaining children, dinner/dessert or sunshine ... J.D. instructed me to get myself to the dr.  Good thing -- antibiotics are a small miracle and I really need to feel better soon!

No comments: