Friday, July 9, 2010

I wish I had pictures ...

I wish I had pictures, but that would require me actually remembering the camera for outings with the family and since I am the 'mom' these days and I'm remembering everyone's shoes, hats, sunscreen, water bottles, cell phone, keys, snacks, toys to entertain a 2 year old, and blanket to sit on, all while trying to convince my 8 year old that having a B.A. (bad atittude)about spending quality family time is not in his best interest .... the camera sat at home on the counter 'sigh'. We played in the neighborhood pool almost everyday for the 4th of July weekend, we set fireworks off at the neighbors on Saturday evening, we watched lightning bugs light up the yard, we had friends over for a BBQ, we went to Brownsburg's fireworks display on Sunday evening as a family and were actually impressed with this small town's display of patriotism! Big D wore some of those contractor ear protectors and loved it (would have made a darling picture!), which was a big improvement over the screaming that occurred the night before with our own little fireworks display. And Master S eventually turned his attitude around and decided that the fireworks were really cool after all, even if it meant he was with his family instead of his friends. I even heard a 'you were right mom' as we walked back to the car ... huh! I was right?!?! Amazing! Now I'm packing for a trip to Florida ... 16 hours in the car, and even more STUFF to keep track of, yahooo! Can you hear my excitement?! Now if I could only concentrate on laundry and packing, do you think the kids will mind if they only have a swimming suit? Happy Summer! Maybe I'll actually get some pictures this week ... which reminds me, where is that camera?

2 comments:

Kasi said...

okay, I knew you were going to FL, but remind me where and why? I am so jealous. We are missing the beach so much we are going up to Lake Michigan this weekend ;)

Kelsey Kamauu said...

Love this - I need to post more but I never do cuz my computer is wiped and I have hardly any pictures anymore (unless I go to the hard drive = hours of time looking for a picture - blah!) So...it is fun to imagine all the things you wrote about and really it makes me want to come spend a July in IN! :) ha ha - wouldn't you LOVE that!? I love you! Have fun in Florida - can't wait to see pics of the kids at the BEACH and wearing those swimsuits!!