Have you had your Vitamin L today? A while back J.D. did a lesson for Family Home Evening (once a week on Monday night we have a gospel themed lesson as a family) on Vitamin L. The story is here: LDS.org - Friend Article - Vitamin L if you want to read it. Darling story, and it gave us an idea ... since we have a lot to work on in the Vitamin L or Love area between our kids ... I know, astonishing, but true - we thought we'd start our own jar. But instead of taking a vitamin out, we'd collect vitamins (jelly beans) when we saw someone showing Love to someone else in our family. When the jar was filled we'd get a swing set for everyone ... simple, right?!?!
Well, after 4 LONG weeks we finally reached the quota - and then the difficulty began .. who knew these things were so expensive?!? So, J.D. with the help of a wonderful neighbor and his great power tools built his own with a kit from a local hardware store.
I must say after a couple of weeks, a few trips to the hardware store and lots of time and patience on the part of our children, it is fabulous! And I think the pics below say it all ....







4 comments:
such a great idea. since you have to do something FHE related every day...looks like your on a good start.
Even the expensive swing sets require a Dad/friend with power tools. What a great idea. And you guys must be a super loving family to fill the jar in just 4 weeks.
I love that idea! I might have to use it for our kids. We could use a little more love around here! :)
I love that idea! I might have to use it for our kids. We could use a little more love around here! :)
Post a Comment