Monday, October 26, 2009

Appleworks

Master S had fall break last week - two days off of school. So, we decided to go check out some of Indiana. We found a great place between here and Brown County called Appleworks. Its an orchard that has a pumpkin patch in the fall with lots of activities for the kids. This is Big D checking out the kid size tractor. The setting was so beautiful - it was a little chilly, but the kids had a great time and we got some really great pictures with the leaves.

Master S' favorite was the slide - very dark and very fast! Once he got over climbing up and down the stairs (he is horribly afraid of heights) he couldn't get enough of it. He was so brave!


Miss Lilly just couldn't stop smiling about the ponies. We drive past a place that has horse back ridding on the way to soccer and she always asks if we can stop, so this was a perfect place for her to try it out and she loved it! Look at that grin ... it made her week!
They also had this train that went around the orchard and Big D could hardly stand it -- he kept saying, 'choo, choo' and 'train, train'. I think he could have stayed on that all day.
My favorite part was the pumpkin patch - when we drove up to it I thought, "wow - did they bring all these pumpkins in, just to have them on the grass?" Then I realized that they grew there ... having come from the west where a pumpkin patch is more often than not, a muddy, straw covered mess with pumpkins, this was almost like a fairy tale to me - yeah, call me a dork, but this is the kind of thing that I love about Indiana! Isn't it gorgeous!?!

4 comments:

Claudia said...

Fabulous! All of it. The pictures, your awesome family, and the idea of walking into the field where the pumpkins actually grew. Amazing.

Kelsey Kamauu said...

ha ha - just comparing our pumpkin patch to yours...hmmm yours is way cooler (pun intended - I got a sunburn)! ha ha sounds like you found an awesome place. I'll have to post pics of our trip to our patch so you can see the difference *Kia saw your pics and said "where's the dirt and mud?" lol -Love the green grass and gorgeous trees! :)

Heathelyn said...

Wow! I need to get directions to this place. It looks like so much fun!!

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

Oh, I love it all! I am all about fall! What a sweet pumpkin patch, too! (And it looks like Master S just "had" or "laid" a pumpkin! Heeehee!)