Friday, August 22, 2008

Boings and Three year olds


So, if you ever had any doubts as to the true nature and personality of Miss Lilly, I don't know that it can be defined much better than these two pictures! I was doing her hair the other morning, trying to find a new way to keep it out of her face and she asked,
"Mommy, can you put Boings in my hair?"
"Boings? . . . "
And in an effort to avoid an explanation that I wouldn't understand and would inevitably get wrong when I tried to follow it, I said,
"SURE!"
And this is what we ended up with. It actually is pretty cute on her, and I'm figuring out how to pin them with clips so that they stay in all day. Not only does it keep it out of her face better than anything else we've tried, it also gives her this great curly pieces at the end of the day that really doing go, "Boing" when you pull them.
Miss Lilly is certainly hitting the "throw up your hands and wonder what in the heck you are doing as a parent, three-year old stage"! She knows exactly how to push our buttons and can throw tantrums that put Master S into an emotional state that would make you think we'd left him behind at a gas station and forgotten him. Some days I just don't know what to do with her . . . they are usually the days that I've been at work for the greater portion of awake time, which I'm sure has nothing to do with it (sarcasm heavily implied here!). Consistency is difficult when I'm home, let alone when her Dad is in charge, who by the way - Miss Lilly is very aware of him being tightly woven around her little finger :) She certainly is Daddy's little girl . . . can't wait for 16 to hit. Kind of scary how you can see a 16-year old looking out at you in that second picture!

1 comment:

Yorgasons said...

HAHAHAHAAHAA!! All I have to say is AMEN SISTA!! Goodness, I thought I was reading about Annie there for a second...I know that she will bring me to tears many times when she is 16...because she already does and she is only three. Sad!! I love you KIM!! I will be calling you soon to talk!!