This little man is 6. Yes - he is six years old! I can hardly believe it myself. He of course wanted dinner at IHOP for his birthday.
He also had a birthday party with friends - complete with a piñata! I made one ... not sure I will do that again. That was a time intensive, messy process, involving balloons, flour paste, newspaper, an odd shaped baseball, lots of tissue paper and a very sharp knife ... but it saved money and the kids LOVED it.
With it freezing cold and snow up to our knees outside, we had to have the baseball themed party inside. 6 year old boys are so much fun!
baseball cupcakes
Big D is officially a lego man --- he LOVES legos!
Happy Birthday Big D! You are a blessing to our family! We love the way you roll your eyes at all of our craziness, how to play hard and long with friends, family and anyone willing to throw a ball, ride a bike or put legos together. You are totally picky about how you dress - but you always look just right, even if it is always casual (if you have to wear a collar we know you like it loose!). I love how you to love to draw, make paper airplanes, practice the piano and listen to good music. I secretly love to hear it when you are disappointed that you have to go to school - I wish you could stay home and play with me all day too! You love recess, tolerate school work, and love to learn (actively!) You give amazing hugs and are genuine in your feelings. You are not afraid to let us all know how you really feel! You love to have your back rubbed at bedtime and you want to grow up so fast. Can't wait to watch you play baseball this spring without the T! You are an amazing 6 year old!










No comments:
Post a Comment