We got to have cousins visit for a few days while their parents were hunting for a new home ... in Nevada! While we will miss having them so close in KY, we had a great time playing with them. Six kids kicked up the craziness around here, but it was worth it! We made monster puppets (from http://www.sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com)
We went to the library for story time, and the splash park in Zionsville ...
and played outside a lot!!!
J.D.'s cousin got married a few weeks ago. The kids were less than thrilled with the ceremony (although I thought it was beautiful - Brian and Emilyn make an incredible couple!) But, once we got into the reception room, and the kids realized there was a sundae bar, as well as centerpieces of large glass vases full of candy, with buckets that the kids could collect candy in and take home ... they were in sugar heaven! Thank you Aunt Gail! They loved it :)
We tried a new recipe - roll up jell-o. Very cool, quick side dish to make summer dinners a little more exciting (when it's hot, we have sandwiches a lot around here ...)And last week we went to an Indians game - packed dinner (sandwiches again!), spread a blanket and had a lot of fun!
The cool weather has disappeared, and we've got hot and humid ... and very little rain. So, the pool is where its at, EVERYDAY! Miss Lilly is now missing her two front top teeth, and looking very much like a seven year old. Master S played a duet in church yesterday with me - he was hardly nervous and did a fabulous job, don't worry I made up for it with my shaking hands and feet! Big D is counting the days until pre-school. He asks every night if after next week he gets to go ... slow down summer!!!








3 comments:
Oh, Kimi, your kids are getting so big! I wish I was all domestic and crafty like you. I just buy my kid a toy from the store and call it good, cuz I'm a lame-o that can't sew ANYTHING. I wish I could. Miss you, Kimi...
Seriously Kim, you know how to have fun!! If I could redo my wedding reception, I would TOTALLY do a candy bar!! hahahaha!! :)
You guys did such a beautiful job on Sunday! I was so impressed by how calm he was. If it was my daughters, they would be shaking so much, there would have been TONS of mistakes!
Post a Comment