Sunday, June 3, 2012

Last weekend we made the trip to Bowling Green, KY to see J.D.'s sister and her family.  They will be moving soon and we will miss having them so close to visit!  The cousins had a great time playing, I got to make a trip to Whittle's with Bess (an incredible fabric place), and we celebrated her birthday too :)  On the way home, we stopped to see Mammoth Caves, since we may not be going that way again for awhile.  I'm so glad we stopped!  What an incredible place!  We could have been there for several days and not seen it all.  Here are the kids waiting for lunch at the cafe there ...

 Yes - Master S looks less than thrilled ... he was hungry.

 This is the mouth of the entrance to the cave - there is nothing little about this place.
 The kids - just a little excited to be inside a cave.  Apparently there are over 365 miles of cave there, with an anticipated discovery of double that ... amazing!
 The three of them after - they all survived and even thought it might be fun to come back and see some more again.  If you are ever in that area of the country it is definitely worth stopping for a few hours to see (if not a few days.)
 Big D reached a milestone this week - he finished out his first team sport experience - soccer! 
 It was a huge success for him and he even made a goal this season!  Yea!  (That was a first for the Flora family, he is a little bit more aggressive than his siblings - maybe that has something to do with being the youngest ...)
 He absolutely LOVES his trophy!  It goes everywhere with him!

1 comment:

Yorgasons said...

Miss Lilly was definitely the one that was the most excited about the cave! I could tell from the picture! :) She is stunning Kim!! Every time I see her I think "that little girl is stunning! she is going to be trouble some day!" hehehe!! I love you!!!