Monday, April 9, 2012

Spring Break 2012

Spring Break 2012 was spent mostly at home.  The weather was mostly gorgeous, which made for lots of time outside with friends in the neighborhood.  It was almost like summer ... Popsicles, bike rides, sand box castles, water balloons, football, soccer and nerf guns in the common area, the only thing missing was the pool!  On Friday, J.D. had the day off and we went to Louisville, where we met the KY cousins!!!  We took everyone to the zoo - it was fabulous!
 The kids loved every minute ... well, until the very end, everyone got tired and hungry!
 I of course, had the camera, but no memory stick!  AGGGHHH!  So these lovely pics are courtesy of J.D.'s camera.  There were some amazing orangutans, an up close experience with a polar bear and a lion that was roaring at the cement wall - I don't think I've ever heard a lion roar before. 
 And, if I thought Indiana's spring was amazing ... just going a few hours south proved to be even more so.  The azalea's in the park were incredible and there were dogwoods blooming everywhere.
And thanks to J.D.'s amazing sister, J.D. and I got to end the day with a session at the temple, while the kids played at the park together.  It was a wonderful way to start the Easter weekend and reflect on the many blessings that our Savior has blessed us with through the Atonement and Resurrection.

No comments: