We tried something new this Easter and took a ride out to McCloud Park on Saturday afternoon. They had a little Easter themed presentation, with an 'Easter Bunny' to take pictures with and a little presentation on rabbits and their place in the Indiana habitat, plus some baby ducks - so cute! Then an egg hunt and some bunny crafts/games. The kids loved it and learned a little bit too. It is quickly becoming one of my favorite spots - there are some great activities for kids and they are almost all free! Plus, because it is out of town, there wasn't nearly the crowd of people that there usually is at things like this in town. I'm finding the older I get the more anti-crowd I'm becoming. Going to the zoo on Good Friday in Louisville was almost too much for me this year - too many people in small spaces makes the Flora Momma crazy ... literally!
The kids had a great time on a hike after and found lots of maple tree helicopters to throw off the bridge and watch hit the water or the wind take them into the woods. Even Master S was brave enough to throw a few.
There were violets blooming all over the forest floor and the grassy areas of the park -- I thought of you, Mom, and the violets you grow in your landspace around the house.
There were also dogwoods blooming in the middle of the forest - love it!
Master S holding the 'Easter Bunny'.
Miss Lilly and the 'Easter Bunny'. Yes, and you probably guessed it, amazingly she wants a bunny for her birthday ... we heard about it ALL. THE. WAY. HOME.
And Easter morning at our house.
The kids I get to live with!







1 comment:
WOW!!! Miss lilly's dress is out of this world!! that is amazing Kim!!! You never cease to amaze me!!! Love you!!
Post a Comment