Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring? Summer?!

Spring?!  Who decided to skip from Winter to Summer?  Temps have been in the 80's and gorgeous!  But, it is only March and I'm worried we'll have a freak snow storm in April which will kill all the beauty that has erupted around us this week.  As a result we also have an allergy fiesta at our house, as all children have had itchy eyes, runny noses and scratchy throats.  Zyrtec in bulk please ...

 This is the tulip tree I planted (well, more like a bush right now), but I'm loving the huge gorgeous blooms on it!  I can just imagine it as a tree.  Aparently this is the tree that I saw everywhere that first spring in Indiana that I couldn't get enough of.  Well, now I have my own to watch in the backyard.
 Big D enjoying a spring rain - love the daffodils!
 When it's 80 degrees you just have to get the hose out.  Nothing like a boy with a hose - water everywhere!

 Recently I've been sewing a bit - Big D found the camera and got me, as he tried to make time go faster, waiting the afternoon away for the kids to come home and play.  I found a great way to make drapes from a flat $5 sheet from Walmart!  Yea!  You cannot find fabric that cheap anywhere!  Plus there was this great horizontal stripe that works great at the bottom of the drape, was perfect for Master S' room AND I had cut off enough when making the panels, to make pillowcases for the bed to match!  YEAH!  All for $10!

I've also been looking for some cheap friend birthday party gifts -- and found a recipe for bubble bath online.  Love it!  With a little color, and in an old, recycled jar, it makes for great 'Green Monster Foaming Slime' OR 'Princess Peach Foaming Bubble Bath (may be dangerous for boys!)'.  Packaged with a scrubby, its a hit with the kids!  And it is super cheap!
We've also started making some personalized pillowcases for gifts - one loves robots, another loves all things army and the last one is just a darling girly girl.  All for less than a 1/4 of what I usually pay for gifts.
 And here is my boy - as he is always with me these days.  I'm trying to soak it all up, because pretty soon the other two will be home for the summer and then he will start preschool when the kids go back in the fall.  I was so anxious for my other two to grow up ... can't stand watching him do the same!  Here he is perfecting his tennis swing - it's his thing right now.

2 comments:

Yorgasons said...

Love you guys!!! Its feeling like summer here too!! miss you!!!

Heathelyn said...

Wow, you have so many crafts/ projects going at once! They look awesome.