Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas 2011!

This year was a little different ... we had a house full of people! And it was wonderful! I think I am more exhausted than I've ever been after Christmas, but we have a lot of really great memories and I wouldn't trade those for any amount of sleep :)  Grandma and Grandpa Yorgason flew in a few days before Christmas with Uncle Kameron.  The adults went to the Yuletide in downtown Indy - an annual Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra tradition - which just might become a new tradition for us - nothing like a live orchestra and broadway singers at Christmas time!  I could not believe the amount of sparkle on every little bit of the stage, singers and dancers!  We decorated gingerbread houses and I found a Christmas tree on Christmas Eve that we decorated together with ornaments that the kids made with Grandma.  J.D. had a Christmas surprise for everyone ... if you look closely you can see it in the pic ... let's just say he earned the name 'Wolverine' from co-workers and friends alike!

 There wasn't any snow for Christmas this year, but it snowed a few days after - just in time for the cousins from PA to enjoy it with us.  Uncle Kyle and Aunt Lisa came the day after Christmas with the kids.  They had a blast sledding down the hill, especially in a 'Train' all together and like penguins on their bellies.  They also built a great snowman with a really cool snowman kit we got from another favorite aunt and uncle.  The boys got tickets to the car show in Indy one day and the girls went to Connor Prairie for the Gingerbread House Contest and some shopping.
 This is one of my favorite houses from the contest ... I signed up to get information next year ... am I crazy?  As if there isn't enough to do from October to December!  It would be super fun to do it though!
 We also went bowling ... here is Big D and J.D. watching to see if the ball will make it to the pins - ha, ha!  Master S was voted 'best form' - he did a great job bowling with all the adults.
 The boys ... just chillin'.
 Stockings all hung ...
 This is a picture of a robot from the car show.  Big D asked for a robot that went up and down the stairs for Christmas this year ... apparently that was a hard find for Santa and he left a slinky in his stocking, but at the car show they got to see this robot.  I think it was a good substitute.
 Grandpa doing what he does best ...
 Our snowman kit, snowman.  Complete with chocolate 'coal' pieces, which were devoured the minute the snow started to melt!
 On New Year's Eve, after everyone had left, it was super quiet!  So to fill in the empty space we took the kids to 'The Courthouse Grounds' a cool restaurant in downtown Danville, for ice cream sundaes and banana splits.  It is across from the courthouse which is decorated with lights during the Christmas season, right next to the Royal Theater. Definitely worth checking out if you are in the area ... and yes, mom and dad, next time you come we will go there!

 The kids in their Christmas ... Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Yorgasons said...

We had soooo much fun!!! Thank you so much for letting us come invade your house!! I am exhausted too it will take me weeks to recover from the lack of sleep I got the whole month of December!!! Love you and miss you!!!