Friday, January 13, 2012

sicko

'Tis the season for flu like symptoms around here ... yikes!  I think we are going through Kleenex at a rate I have not yet experienced in my life.  And, I hesitate to welcome people into our home when they knock on the door, for fear they will contract this plague we have been sharing so nicely in our home.  Add to that, that the weather here has finally decided it should be winter and is frigid cold and blowing snow.  I need to feel better yesterday and take a warm, week long vacation tomorrow!

I really would like to paint - paint some green somewhere in this house, since I won't be seeing it outside anytime soon.  And I really want to sew - I've got some ideas percolating and the kids received marbles for Christmas, and they really need some bags to contain them, that is the marbles not the children.  Although, sometimes when we are pent up indoors, like the past few days, I feel like I should make a container for them ... maybe the basement needs some modifications for that, hmmmm.

We (as in J.D. and I) are on a new 8-week challenge for healthy living ... who am I kidding ... it really is just a diet disguised as a 'life challenge', but I'm ready for it.  Sugar is the enemy right now and I am waging an all out war!  My kids are thrilled about this, btw.  Luckily it is in competition format, with some significant and experience competitors we know, so motivation should not be hard to come by.  The game format seems to work really well for me as far as healthy challenge is concerned.

So, as for a new year and new goals, rather than try to bite off a whole year, I'm going to just stick with a few for the next month.  Plus, I'm going to write them here so I can remember them.  1.  First, get well and stick to the challenge.  2.  Second, choose a shade of green from the several chips I've had on the living room wall for a year now and buy a can of green paint, 3.  3rd continue to keep up with the Sunday School reading assignments for the Book of Mormon.  If I can do all three of those in a month, it will be amazing!   

No comments: