Wednesday, October 26, 2011

the leak to my brain ...

I have some incredible pics to post from Florida!  There really is nothing like vacationing on the Gulf and staying with wonderful in-laws to slow down life a little and see what I want to, not what I have to in my daily life.  But, as with everything, it came to an end and I'm frantically trying to catch up!
My eye even stopped twitching for a few days while we were there - yea!  Now, I need to figure out how to make it stop at home.  But, coming home brings a few challenges to that.  First and foremost is the amount of information that I have to keep in my brain on a daily basis.  I sometimes wonder if I can cram anymore in.  There are schedules for each member of the family to keep track of (soccer, piano, scouts, guest lunches at school, my work, J.D.'s work, homework due dates, J.D.'s meeting days, YM's), information for work, which I firmly believe could very well overtake my whole brain if I let it - protocols, patho-physiology, lab values, aromatherapy scents, procedures, NRP testing, computer charting, safety acronyms, medications, as well as personalities (drs or nurses) to avoid or embrace.  There is R.S. (Relief Society - organization for women at church that I am heavily involved in at this moment) with lots more information on:  people, problems, service, meetings, incredible acts of kindness, incredible moments of difficulty, needs, wants, topics, teaching ....  There are also books that I'm reading, books I want to read and information on the radio, the computer, the Internet on politics, economics, history, art, science, religion ...   maybe that is why my eye is twitching, I'm trying to keep all this information in my brain, but there is a leak through my eyelid!  Which is why I'm going to apologize to Miss Lilly today - I forgot to attend guest lunch day with her ... I'm so sorry!  I'll have to blame it on my twitch ...

3 comments:

Claudia said...

Yikes! That sounds so busy! I have to tell you, the thing that mostly keeps our family running is google calendar. Every person gets their own color, the calendar is available from any computer or my phone, and Joshua and I agree to put everything on our schedules on there, so we can each see where the other is supposed to be on any given day.
Good luck with everything!

Kasi said...

Oh Kim! I know what you are going through...right down to the eyelid twitch!!! Miss you!

Gage said...

you crack me up! Miss you.