Saturday, September 3, 2011
the Flora Household Business
I've decided we are in the business of raising children. Some people are in the business of making money, making themselves an incredible wardrobe, making the world more environmentally aware or safe, making furniture, making a career, making their house 'fashionable' or 'clean & beautiful', or making themselves politically famous, or maybe even Hollywood famous, but we, the Flora's must be in the business of raising children. I say this because EVERYTHING we do revolves around our kids. Even lazy Saturdays are now days full of cub scout projects, soccer games, homework catch up, chores, family fun times, working together to improve or 'fix' the house (who has time to make it fashionable?!), trying to teach our kids through service and work how to be good citizens (we need to do more of that). Even going to work, really, is to help pay the bills so we can provide and teach our kids. Did we set out to do this? I don't remember specifically deciding that ... but it is interesting that as we continue to grow in the gospel, in understanding who we are, why we are here, and what we should be doing, isn't that what it is all about? Our families. Helping others see they are children of God. So, I've decided ... we are in the business of raising children, and all those other things can wait or be forgotten, because I really don't want to miss this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
I like to say that we are in the construction phase of our lives. It's hard work, messy, and often chaotic, but we are building a family to last forever. Everything we put into it will be so worth it!
Post a Comment