Sunday, January 30, 2011

January Re-Cap

First of all -- where in the heck did these long legs come from!?!  You are growing up way to fast Master S!!! Every time I turn around your pants are too short, your teeth are falling out and your hair is turning dark brown.  Is there anyway I can convince you to just slow down?  I'm not ready to have a pre-teen in my house ... I'm not old enough!  And neither are you!!!
 Although, I have to admit, your ability to read is not only impressing me, but helping out at bedtime, nap time and just in general quiet time.  You are so good to your siblings ... when you want to be.  And you are good to tolerate Big D's silliness - you might even join in with those crazy faces when no body's looking. 

 Secondly, aren't cousins the best!?
 And great-grandma's are pretty good too -- especially when they have 80th birthdays and we get to celebrate with the WHOLE FAMILY!  We love you Grandma Flora!

 Flora family, Flora family food :) and Flora family fun ... (isn't this Flora man good-looking?!?!)
 AND CAKE too!!!
 Oh, and lots of paper airplanes -- who knew they could entertain a couple of well, almost a couple of 3-year olds for hours ... or days for that matter.
 And these are my new favorite thing.  In an effort to reduce, reuse and recycle I made some zipper bags for lunches from some rip-stop nylon fabric.  Washable, re-use able awesomeness! 
 And something I LOVE about winter -- the endless pretending that I am privy to in the house ... Big D is almost always the dog, Miss Lilly and her friends the mommy's, the sister's or the princesses.  There is always dress-ups involved, and lots of creative play ... and just a little bit of old fashioned getting along problem solving.  I'm always amazed at their solutions!

2 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

Looks like a great kick of to the new year. I miss you!

The Silly Witch said...

I TOTALLY need you here! Organizing would be so much more fun with a companion.