We also went to a Train museum that was beyond incredible - Big D walked around saying, "TRAINS, TRAINS, TRAINS!" over and over and over. (He's a little obsessed right now with them ...)
They had the actual steam engines and cars that you could walk through. Someday I'd like to take a train ride across the country - J.D. rode them in Italy all the time on his mission. Something to add to my bucket list. My brother's new wife is absolutely darling - I'm so excited to have another great sister-in-law! Miss Lilly was in total awe, following her around the temple grounds and the reception. She even got a bouquet to hold at the reception like her new aunt and you'd think she was the one getting married, she was so delighted!
Once we got to Boise we made gingerbread houses with Uncle 'King James' (self proclaimed nick-name). I found a recipe for a village on the Canadian Living website: http://www.canadianliving.com/crafts/other_crafts/make_a_christmas_gingerbread_village.php
and since we had extra hands (aka 'King James') I thought we'd try it - it turned out great and everyone had their own house to decorate, so we had a church, a school, a clock tower, a house and a stable. I always wonder in the middle of that insane activity why I do this every year, but then I hear my kids talk about how cool it is, their memories of it each year and then the mess, the stickiness and the craziness is all worth it. 
The kids are loving every minute at Grandma's ... and this is such a great pic of Master S and Miss Lilly ... can't you just see the words 'while visions of sugarplums danced in their heads' written on this one? Love it ... nothing like the presence of pure and innocent 'believing' at Christmas time!







6 comments:
What a wonderful vacation! It seems like a lot of stress to plan a wedding at Christmas, but also a great time to get family together. Everyone looks adorable - you and JD look like you are wasting away (in a good way), and that gingerbread village is beyond cute!
oooohhh!! Man I wish I was there!!! That village looks awesome!! I love the picture of you guys at the train museum with Big D staring at the train while everyone else is posing for the camera...classic!! All these pictures are great though...I didn't know the jelly belly factory had an all you can eat tasting bar...man that would of added to my poundage for the holidays..good thing we weren't there yet! Love you!!
Oh, my belly is "Jel"ous of the Bellies! That looks like a smashing good time! It's funny, I have a friend whose son is way into trains, too. In fact, he actually BELIEVES he will turn into a train when he gets older. -Kind of like boys turn into men, he'll turn into a train. He has asked his mom before how he is going to grow wheels. Ya gotta love kids!
What a fun vaction! Are you guys back? We should get the kids together before school starts again!
Look at you, getting all skinny! It looks like you had such fun. Glad to have you back.
We were just talking about going to the jelly belly factory yesterday! I LOVE them! How fun! Kim - you look amazing! Your secret?
Post a Comment