Monday, September 28, 2009


Master S likes soccer ... I don't think he loves it ... but he likes it enough and I think that's good. At this point, we'll see if he wants to play again next year. He just loves to be with friends and have an organized game of some sort to play - he thrives on it! It is so interesting to me that as a mom I can tell when something is part of what my kids are, when it's 'in their blood'. Like miracle grow for flowers, it just makes them bloom and glow with happiness! Master S loves any kind of sport and being with friends is just an added bonus - I love the middle picture because it totally describes him -- just happy to be playing and having fun. It could be the worst day in the world for him, and then he goes out and plays any kind of sport for an hour and he is his delightful self again! Love it! Basketball sign ups were last week, and I'm really torn, because I know he loves that kind of thing, but I need a break. Life is really crazy trying to fit in practices, homework and time with the family. Maybe next year we'll try basketball instead of soccer. He gets to play with a couple boys from church, so it has been a lot of fun to have time to hang out with them. He doesn't go to the same school with them. The fields are located in a placed tucked in by the woods and it is gorgeous! Miss Lilly and Big D love to go and watch and run around the empty fields and play with the other kids and I love to just sit and watch Master S play, have fun with the camera and enjoy the beautiful scenery - the leaves are just starting to turn and the wind picked up last night ... I woke up to it whipping around the house ... reminds me of winter in Indiana ... must mean fall is here!
Speaking of miracle grow, the impatients around here are bushes in the fall - literally.

I know I only planted a 6 pack of those little starter impatients, but I have never seen them bloom like this in ID or UT ... just incredible and I love it!!! And there is another bush on the right that you can't see!

1 comment:

Claudia said...

That boy and your flowers are gorgeous (well, okay, Master S is handsome)! Looks like all are thriving in your new home!