Wednesday, September 9, 2009

1st Day of Preschool!!!


It finally came! She didn't think it would ever get here ... she has been looking forward to this since the day she was born (well, almost) ... she was there for 2 1/2 hours which wasn't nearly long enough for her ... she is asking when she gets to go back ... she was made for school and ... she LOVES IT! Isn't she darling?!


Big D came with to drop Miss Lilly off at school. Miss Lilly walked right in and went to check out the toys and centers set up. I might have been a little sad, but she has been looking forward to this for so long! I watched for a minute, then called her over to give her a hug and remind her to be nice, listen and share. She waved goodbye and Big D also waved goodbye, walking toward the toys with Miss Lilly ... he was so unhappy when he realized he was leaving with me. Why can't he do that at the babysitters? On the way to pick her up, he kept saying, 'HAY-WEE, Hi!' and 'WEEEEE' (he loves to ride in the car when there are trees on both sides and roads that have hills and curves). He was so excited when she got in the car! I guess mom just doesn't fill Miss Lilly's shoes when she isn't around to play with ...

Miss Lilly's new back to school apple dress - only $2!

8 comments:

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

Oh, Kimi - what beautiful children you have! That little Lilly Lou is a charmer! What a cutie in her new duds!!

Kelsey Kamauu said...

SOOOOOO cute! I love her hair! I am so glad she had fun - and what a cute little brother! Love you!
$2? wow, that is awesome!

Elisa said...

Your kids are just way too cute! She looks so grown up. I absolutely LOVE her hair! Gotta cut Kali's the same way! Is her hair thin or thick?

Flora said...

Elisa - thanks :) Miss Lilly's always had a lot of hair, but the hair itself is pretty fine - hopefully that answers your question!

Claudia said...

So cute! Glad she had a great first day! - Great job on the $2 dress, too!

Elisa said...

So I tried to cut Kali's hair - turned out okay but not as cute as yours. btw, is that a pluffie baby boy is holding? Just wondering because our little J is totally into them.

Flora said...

Elisa - Big D's dogs are all Ty pluffies. We purchased a Ty buddy dog for Master S before he was born, then also got a pink dog for Miss Lilly before she was born. We tried a monkey for Big D, but after a few months of finding Big D with Master S' dogs, we ended up getting a few pluffies for him. And about Miss Lilly's hair ... I'm very anxious to see if I can duplicate that cutting success again! I think it was pure accident that it turned out so good - I'm almost tempted to just let it grow out again b/c I'm so afraid it won't turn out as well again!

Elisa said...

J's favorite is his bear (that used to be Kelle's). He also has a lion that we bought him before he was born (Alona got a duck). We've since added a blue giraffe and a dog - I think like the one D has. While his bear is by far his favorite, now he can't go to sleep without ALL of them! It makes it a little difficult especially when everyone is tired and we are searching the entire house for one pluffie!