Saturday, November 15, 2008
Moving On
I did it. I said goodbye to the mountains (they were absolutely gorgeous yesterday!), I said goodbye to many dear and wonderful friends and I said good bye to our house -our 1st house! I wasn't sure I was going to be able to do it and I think my children wondered if I would ever stop crying as we drove to Grandma's yesterday. I don't think I've cried that much over something material . . . ever! It isn't so much the actual house, as the friend, neighbors, memories and love that we felt there. What a wonderful blessing it has been. As we were driving out of the neighborhood for the last time yesterday I turned to Master S and asked him if there was anything else he wanted to do one last time. He thought about it for a minute and then said, "Say goodbye to everyone". So, we rolled down our windows (in true Yorgason fashion) and yelled goodbye to our whole neighborhood. I'm sure the neighbors on that particular street were a little confused, but we did it. Kind of a final gesture to a neighborhood that we have loved so much. On to Grandma's for a few weeks, an uncle coming home from a mission and Thanksgiving dinner - yum! And then, cross you fingers - our new house in Indiana. There have been several times in the last week when I've wondered if getting this house is really going to happen, but then I think about what is the worst thing that can happen with the house there and I remember, no matter what happens, our family will still be together and we will still be moving forward with what we have felt so strongly needed to happen -- isn't that all that really matters?!? Faith - its a mighty and difficult thing to have, but produces such incredible results and blessings when we use it. May our many friends we've left know that we love them and think of them and that you will always be close to our hearts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
good luck with your move. i know it can be hard to leave your first place, but the memories just get better wherever you go :)
Post a Comment