Sunday, July 6, 2014

JUNE

 You know its summer when the gold finches arrive.  I love their song and I love their little yellow darting from the lilies to the cone flowers in my yard.
 We went to a local patch to pick strawberries and I ended up picking so much!  30 lbs. to be exact - whew!  I just couldn't pass up those beauties ... when I thought I was done I'd see another great bunch just hanging there begging to be picked.  So, we had strawberry pie, made loads of strawberry jam, strawberry smoothies, milkshakes ... froze lots of bags for yogurt and strawberry shortcake in the middle of winter.  YUM!
 The boys got summer cuts too ...  BEFORE
 AFTER - he doesn't look like he same kid?!?
 For Father's Day we scored a free fire pit from a friend who didn't need it anymore.  It was a little rusty and banged up, but with some sanding and a fresh paint of heat resistant spray paint it was good as new and made a great gift for DAD!  Roasting marshmallows in the backyard makes it feel like camping any day of the week with the added bonus of my own bed and air conditioning!
 Master S experienced his first week of scout camp and loved it!  Other than a really bad sunburn, he has a great time and is looking forward to a week without mom next summer already.
 Miss Lilly and Big D missed him a lot - so they made a sign to welcome him home.  They had so much fun drawing pictures of Master S doing different things at scout camp. 

No comments: