Sunday, March 23, 2014
Sacrifice and Blessings
The post I wrote about going part time was written the end of February, shortly after I accepted the part-time position at work that I was offered. I waited to post it because I wanted to mull it over - let it sit for a while and think through what I had written, which I often do, especially when it is significantly personal. Within a week of writing that and saving it to post later, we had some unpleasant news regarding J.D.'s work and found out that his benefits (our family's benefits) would end the end of March and that he would be contracting instead of working for salary at his current job until further notice. In other words, J.D. is looking for another job. The hours he is getting are limited at best and all of a sudden the part-time job that I took is proving to be a decision that was prompted by a loving Heavenly Father who is aware of our needs and wants, long before we are even aware of them. I am overwhelmed when I think about the implications of that decision - the security, the love, and the awareness of a plan beyond my understanding, that is being orchestrated for me, for my family, for those around me. The last few weeks have been a roller coaster of emotions, as all major job changes are, but I feel peace when I focus and block out the creeping feelings of despair and depression (they are still there). Regardless of what happens with J.D.'s job, I know that I followed the spirit and that I did what I felt I was supposed to do and because of that I feel my Father in Heaven's love. Sometimes we feel moved to do things and we never know why - and sometimes we do things when we are prompted, and as life unfolds we have no doubt about why we felt prompted to do them, this is one of those times. It certainly doesn't guarantee that J.D. will have a fantastic job offer next week, but it does give me a sense that regardless of what happens, there is a plan, our Savior will provide for us and that 'sacrifice (truly does) bring(s) forth the blessings of heaven' (Praise to the Man, hymn #27). So, in the meantime I'm working much more than part-time, but I'm also getting to share this life moment with some amazing co-workers, who not only are supportive, but have been my listening ears and have gotten to hear me talk about my testimony and my faith. The Lord truly does work in mysterious ways!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
I just want to give you a hug, Kim! Thanks for sharing this. It strengthens my faith.
I just want to give you a hug, Kim! Thanks for sharing this. It strengthens my faith.
Praying that it will all resolve soon.
Sorry to hear about your hubby's job. :( What an awesome blessing it is that you have the skills to support your family while he looks for another one. Thinking of you!!
Post a Comment