Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas 2013

As I have been away from my family for more Christmases than I can count, the last few years I have decided to embrace it.  My children are old enough that Christmas needed to be where they were and not where I wanted to be.  So, last year we threw a Christmas Eve party - just to build more 'fun' into the evening instead of waiting and whining ... It was a great success and when we asked the kids again this year what was one thing that they really wanted to do at Christmas again, it was the party!  It was my favorite thing too!  I only wish my house was bigger and then I could invite everyone I know and love here in Indiana - that is the only reason I would ever want a bigger house!
 
 We had a gingerbread contest - with prizes for everyone, a big pasta dinner, read Luke 2 while the kids dressed up and acted out the nativity,

 The house was full, but it was full of lots of laughter, good conversation, good food and wonderful friends.
We finished with dessert, some ping pong and then everyone went home to sleep so Santa would come.  It is wonderful to feel surrounded by family, even if they aren't the people you grew up with, but people that you know and love - We have been so blessed to call so many 'family' here. 
 The kids opened the traditional PJs on Christmas Eve before bed and then, the next morning participated in the traditional 'scavenger hunt' that Santa leaves each year.
 Miss Lilly and her horse ...
 The boys and their micro-chargers ...
 Finishing up a Christmas breakfast ...
 And trying on the BYU t-shirts Grandpa and Grandma Y sent. 
We have been blessed with so much and are so grateful for this time of year to reflect on the most important things and spend time with the people that matter the most - each other!  Merry Christmas!

No comments: