The 4th of July was celebrated in true Brownsburg, IN style this year. We hit the Brownsburg High School's Strawberry Shortcake Fundraiser for a treat and then headed to the town parade. We were blessed to have J.D.'s mom here with us this year, and got to introduce her to the small town parade of tractors, cool cars and horses. Big D is sporting his favorite 'tye dye' shirt that just happens to be red, white and blue.
We also recently spent an evening at McCloud park, going on a hike, skipping some rocks and attending an astronomy presentation, which was followed by some night sky viewing through some telescopes set up outside the nature center. It was AWESOME! We got to see Saturn (even the rings), a nebula, twin stars, craters on the moon -- the kids loved it and there is potentially some great viewing of a comet this winter that we just might have to keep the kids up late for again. I tried to get a picture of the fireflies in the meadow next to where we were stargazing ... no such luck. Trust me, they were awesome!This is a DIY project I've been wanting to do for awhile. Just a little spray paint and elbow grease and I think they turned out amazing! Totally updated the house for just a few dollars.
July has been a interesting month, as J.D. was in an accident that totaled our little Toyota Corolla at the end of June, which left us with just one car. J.D.'s mom has so graciously let us use her little car until we can get a new one - thank you! But, in the meantime it also has meant that I'm working full time hours. I'm learning to focus on the moment, rather than the week --- when working full time with children the moment is what's important not all the potentials out there! I'm also learning quickly what really matters and what really doesn't. Life certainly keeps us on our toes, and we count our blessings daily.








No comments:
Post a Comment