For Christmas Eve this year we did something a little different. We threw a party! I had about 23 people at my house - so crazy, but so fun! We hung sheets in the basement for a room to decorate gingerbread houses --- 12 of them. And hung ornaments from the unfinished ceiling.
There were so many great houses! Everyone won an award and a prize to go with it, like 'Marshmallow World Award' for the most frosting ... marshmallow snowmen for the prize. Here are a few of the houses all decorated ...
This one won the 'Decorator Award'.
This one won the 'Best of Show'.
I loved the 'grinch in the chimney' on this one!
We had a big Italian pasta dinner (We always have an Italian Christmas Eve since J.D. spent two years there on his mission). And then everyone brought traditional Christmas desserts from their family. This is a French dessert -- croquembouche -- a tower of cream puffs!Then we had the kids dress up and act out the Nativity, while we read the story from the bible. Notice it is complete with a blue sky and star ... sang some carols and just enjoyed the company of good friends. J.D. set off some fireworks at the end. Since there was a ban on them this summer because of the drought we had some that we didn't use. It was a great ending for a great party! SO MUCH FUN! I think J.D. and I decided that was the best part of Christmas this year - just might be a new tradition around here.







2 comments:
sounds like fun. I am sure if we still lived there we would have been invited. Seriously looks great. I love the gingerbread houses. you go girl (and santa for the awesome barbie house redo)
Oh, Krista - you would have won the gingerbread contest, I'm sure of it! We miss you and your darling family! Kiss that baby girl for me :)
Post a Comment