My Birthday was extra special this year ... I got to see my brother and his delightful family! We met in Cleveland, OH as it was exactly the same distance for both of us to travel ... I think we've found some great places the check out in future 'meet in the middle' reunions. The kids had a blast with their cousins and I really did have a fabulous birthday!
Our first stop was Kirtland, OH. I had never been there and it is a significant place for us, as it is a historic place for the LDS church. The first temple was built there, although it is no longer owned by the church. The school of the prophets was held in the upper rooms of the N.K. Whitney store. It was a beautiful place and it was great to cross it off my 'list'.

We also went to the 'beach' on Lake Erie -- those pictures are on J.D.'s phone though and I'll post them later. I think the kids thought that was the best part of the whole trip! Sand, sun and water. For lunch, my sister-in-law surprised me and got a cake for me :) That night we got tickets to a Cleveland Indians game, which was GREAT! Plus they had fireworks and music from the Beatles ... for 30 minutes following the game - the perfect birthday gift!
Sunday we got the kids dressed and went to church - tried to get a picture ... how do you get six kids to hold still all at once?!?On the way home ... All in all a fabulous way to spend a birthday!








No comments:
Post a Comment