Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Mid Winter Excitement

When it's too cold to play outside, there is nothing like a little Just Dance Kids ...  Big D gets so serious when he is dancing!  
 Or, just bundle up and go out for a round of golf - snow or not there is not 'bad' weather when it comes to the men and golfing in our family ...
 Miss Lilly got her hair cut - makes for a much easier/happier mornings!
 For Big D's Birthday, instead of presents, we painted his room and made him a new quilt, since this was a hand-me-down from Master S and is starting to fall apart :( 
Big D even got to help out a little with the painting ...
 We tried a new thing for me - stripes, horizontally around the room.  Big D helped choose the colors - I really like it!
 And the dinos on the quilt are awesome ... but I LOVE the stripe!!!
Big D had his first 'friend' birthday party.  It was elephant themed, with elephant games (elephant cake walk, pin the trunk on the elephant, find the peanuts (with your trunk - a sock on your hand), peanut relay game, and valentine bingo (just because you've got to have a little hearts in the party the day before Valentines!).  We made playdough and elephant soap for party favors and I think everyone had a great time.  There is nothing like a birthday party ... especially for a group of 4 year olds!

2 comments:

Yorgasons said...

happy Birthday Big D!!! I like the elephant theme party!!! I love the stripe too!!

james and bess said...

great quilt, kim! looks like a great b-day! :)

bess