I've been reading a book. It is about parenting. There are lots of really good things in it - things that I really struggle to do and be. The longer I attempt to be a parent, the more I realize that I am not an expert - I'm not even a novice, I'm a full on practicing, learning, mistake making Mom (as with many other roles in my life!). But, I'm trying. I hope my kids know that I am trying - that I'm not perfect, but that I LOVE them. Oh, how I love them. I was watching a clip about Brandon Flowers http://mormon.org/me/5233/Brandon/ from Mormon.org, who is a rock star, a dad and a member of our church and he said, "There is a chamber in your heart that you don't know exists, when you have a baby ... I'm overflowing with that love that I didn't know was there before." I want my kids to know I don't always display it, or say it (I'm working on that) but they are what keeps me upright most days - they are a part of my heart that I didn't know was there before and it is overflowing.
Life is full of challenge. Sometimes we are very aware of it in our own lives, or in other's lives and sometimes we are not. I was talking with a nurse at work yesterday day and we joked that it seems sometimes that our biggest challenges are our spouses or our children! The people we love the most. Challenges can come in lots of different packages, many times we don't even see or recognize that others are having them - sometimes I don't realize my own challenges. Challenges of faith, strength, endurance, sanity, psyche, health - we all have them. But, we also have blessings - even simple blessings. Sometimes they come in very little things that just keep us moving in the right direction and having faith even when we are in doubt, or strength when we are spent, or presence of mind when we are losing it. I am blessed because of my children. They are often that little thing that keeps me moving. Today I am thankful for my children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
Oh, how reading this gave me comfort this morning!! Thank you!
Post a Comment