As school starts on Wednesday ... it's early, but it's a good thing, I'm ready, the kids are ready, and structure to daily life is calling our names and if we start now we get out mid-May next summer (yea!) ... I thought I'd post some good memories from the summer.
First is Cub Day Camp. Master S had a great time ... BB Guns, Archery, Swimming, Woodworking, Monkey Bridge ... I think he could have gone every week all summer long!
Golf Camp. For Master S, life just doesn't get any better than this - golf everyday for a week. And it was the hottest and most humid week of the summer. Did I hear even a hint of a complaint from him about it?! Not even a whisper.
Getting ready for Scout Camp. Love this pic!
Miss Lilly loves the garden at Conner Prairie. She ran to the lemon verbena the last time we were there. The Gardener that shows people around loved it! She was so excited that Miss Lilly was so excited - we got to see lots of plants that I'd never noticed in the garden before - different types of cucumbers, red beans that get a yard long and little tiny green lanterns that have little fruits in them you can eat (can't remember the name).
Instead of a pass to the Children's Museum we got a pass to Connor Prairie in Noblesville. It is a live acting historical village and homestead from the 1830's. The kids have loved dipping candles, making baskets, throwing tomahawks, going to the school house, playing stick and hoop and lots of others things. Grandpa and Grandma Yorgason got to come visit and this was top on the list when I asked the kids where they wanted to take them.
We also got to explore the Speedway where the Indy 500 is while they were here, but I don't have pictures. It was awesome to see all those cars and tour the actual speedway. We also went to an Indianapolis Indians Baseball game. Popcorn, hot dogs, cotton candy, Big D's confusion between the words 'Indian' and 'Inning', fireworks, getting a brief few seconds on the fan cam, drizzle and lots of humidity ... it was a great game!










No comments:
Post a Comment