Sunday, December 19, 2010

I made a new bag ... I love it!!!  I gave it to a friend for her birthday, so I guess that means I'll need to make another one :)  Don't you love the Christmas red?!?
 The kids have been sledding ... a lot!  Even Big D has gotten into it a little more this year.  This is Miss Lilly helping to push him off, down the hill.  He has gone down a few times, but mostly he just ...
 stands at the top and says, 'ready, set, go' for Master S and Miss Lilly to race down the hill!  This is definitely one of the best things about our backyard!!!
 We've also been baking ... and eating WAY TOO MUCH SUGAR!  But, what would the holidays be without it!?  Besides, I've signed up for a boot camp class in January ... My first attempt at caramels ...
 Bon, bons ... a Yorgason tradition and one that I'm taking to the neighborhood cookie exchange party this week, YUM!  more sugar!
 The Indianapolis Star (local newspaper) has a cookie contest every December and the one that won is a favorite from when I was a kid ...
 We had a neighbor that brought an great cookie plate every year at Christmastime ... she was an excellent cook and she always had a few of these on the plate, only in the shape of wreaths.  So when I saw that that particular recipe had won, I was excited and thought I'd try it.  The first batch looked like holly from an almost dead holly bush ... so I made a few adjustments and they look fabulous and even taste good :) 

The kids also got their Christmas on today - thanks to Grandma for the early gifts :)  They looked so cute!

This one makes me laugh -- so captures their personalities right now ... 
Too bad Big D had more than a few tantrums during choir practice before church and then was sent to sit on his Dad's lap on the stand during sacrament meeting because Mom wasn't being patient with him ... during which he wandered around and played peek-a-boo with a few people in the audience ... then threw another monstrous tantrum going into nursery and ended up coming home early with me.  I think he's tired.  He probably doesn't feel good.  I'm sure it has nothing to do with the sugar around here ...

2 comments:

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

This post makes me jealous. I should like to come and visit!!!!

Yorgasons said...

We are sugarified over here too!! I swear all my teeth are going to fall out... I have officially made 6 batches of toffee...believe it or not..now you are probably grateful you don't live near us! hahahaa