Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

We are home this year - just our crazy, sugar-charged little family.  It is probably the first time I've been really comfortable with that - I've always really wished I was at my childhood home, or my in-laws, but it was different this year - does that mean I'm getting old?!?  It has been fun to plan an Italian/American Christmas Eve (J.D. served a mission for our church in Italy and it is fun to do a few things that are Italian at Christmas) and we even invited friends, but had a sick child today, so plans changed last minute, but it still turned out great and we actually got to really focus on the Nativity and the reason for the season tonight, so it turned out good despite the sickness.
 We are definitely having a white Christmas here :)  Big D loved making a snowman ... he insisted on the carrot for the nose.  Every time we go to Walmart lately he sings as I shop.  It usually is Frosty the Snowman mixed with Santa Claus is Coming to Town.  I'm very careful not to acknowledge it though - because that immediately shuts the singing off and I love it when he sings, so I'm trying to enjoy it while looking oblivious at the same time :)
 Master S had the stomach flu most of Christmas Eve this year - bummer.  So, he attempted to help with gingerbread houses, but just couldn't stomach it for very long, so Miss Lilly and Big D were the decorators.  Miss Lilly had her very own house that I wasn't allowed to touch.  She had so much fun ... can't wait for her to figure out that I control her fashion/decorating sense only because she lets me ... she has such an interesting eye for things ...
 Acting out the nativity ... Master S and Miss Lilly were very excited for this, as was Big D until he figured out that he had to wear a costume and then it was all weeping and wailing -such a two year old!!! ... thus not worth a costume.  Although, we did get a great tantrum on video in the middle of the reading.  Fun times!
 Christmas PJs and excitement not even close to being contained ...
 Stockings all hung ...
 Unexpected delivery after a long day of work this week ... J.D. is getting good at this!
 A surprise visit from Santa right before bedtime!  The kids loved it - although Master S was very curious about his entry through the front door and ran upstairs with the other two to listen for sleigh bells and reindeer paws on the roof as he left ... now if they'd all just go to sleep!!!
Merry Christmas!

No comments: