Thursday, June 26, 2008

10 years of wedded bliss . . .

So, yesterday J.D. and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary! Where does the time go?! We actually got out of the house without children - had a wonderful dinner and came home to chaos, but it was worth it! Our kids were happy and so were we. Amazing how life can crawl at a snails pace and all of a sudden in a blink of an eye 10 years is gone. I have to say that this last 'blink of an eye' has been a huge growing experience for both J.D. and I - and we've learned enough to know that it's just the tip of the iceberg. I'd like to think that we've come a little closer to becoming who we truly are. There is a lot more to learn and become in the next 10 years and all the life that follows. I love Pres. Hinckely's quote about life . . . “Life is like an old-time rail journey—delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. “The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride”. What a great blessing it is to have J.D. - for the joys that come from loving, living and working together despite struggles and frustrations, to look past each others flaws and love each other even more despite them, for the beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed that are all that much more exciting because we've gone through the jolts, sidetracks and delays in the process. May the journey continue for years and years to come . . .

2 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

You always find the best quotes! Happy anniversary! Has it really been ten years? I just can't believe it. Ten years since we were roommates, ten years since your beautiful wedding reception... So I have a request--will you please post a picture of you and Josh? Please? It's been a long time!

It's all about the "Crew" said...

Beautiful post! Happy 10th!

Sybrina