Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Some kind of Wonderful

Here I am, finally getting with it and starting my own blog! I kept waiting for J.D. to put together a web site for our family . . . enough said. So, I'm venturing out and attempting to be creative with something other than Kindergarten homework and Primary Activities, which may prove to be a challenge. It may take a few postings to dust off that part of my brain, so just keep that in mind as you read this! On February 13th we welcomed a new addition to the family, Big D. While he is a delightful baby and I am trying to soak in every minute, knowing they grow up so quickly - it adds a certain dimension of busy-ness to life with an ever present feeling of never getting anything done! How can one be so busy and not get anything done, you say? Well, things get done, it's just things like feeding the baby, chainging the baby, doing the laundry (which never gets done it just rotates), and the fixing of meals (which are a rotation of spaghetti, mac n' cheese, sanwiches, cold cereal and fozen pizza). None of these things ever really get done, in that you can't cross them off your list until next week, but they are perpetually staring you in the face every few hours. At least I know I'm needed - that is definately aparent at 3 am when Big D is crying from the bassinet and J.D. is snoring peacefully through the noise. What would they do without me?!?! Ah, well - life may be a crazy mix of tasks that seem to never end, but it is also full of first smiles and giggles, the singing, dancing, and imaginative play that only a two year old princess can perform, the pounding of several pairs of 6-year old boy tennis shoes on my floor, excitedly planning their next neighborhood spy game, baseball adventure or star wars lego quest, and the delightful ramblings of a husband who dares to spend time with 11-year old boy scouts once a week and joyfully embraces the troubleshooting life of a programer. Life may be crazy, but it is definately some kind of wonderful!








2 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

Welcome to the blogging world. I hope you enjoy keeping in touch with friends this way as much as I have.

I can completely relate with the feeling of never getting anything done. But your right, that they grow up SO fast. And then they become toddlers and you have to buy refrigerator locks and worry about broken arms and teaching them not to hit along with keeping up with the laundry and the feeding.

Elisa said...

Good job! It looks great!