Every year I describe the weeks from Halloween through Christmas as a roller coaster ride. I get on the car the end of October and it is all downhill, getting faster and faster until we hit Christmas and the New Year's holiday. Then I feel like I finally have time to pause and take a breath and enjoy my family. So, now that it is 2015, I'm taking some time to enjoy what we've done the past several weeks!
Halloween was memorable this year - mostly because there was an ice storm that night! The weather broke long enough for the kids to get in some decent trick or treating, but it was COLD! We had a little party for the neighborhood kids after to fill in the time gaps that the ice storm made by driving us all indoors to warm up. We had two minecraft, armor clad guys and a scarecrow this year.
The day after J.D. and I had a great time dressing up for a road rally Halloween party at a friend's house. So much fun! Can you guess who we were?!?
The day after Thanksgiving we tackled a project that we've been eyeing for a LONG time (I think we've had paint samples on the wall for over 2 years!) J.D. had been talking about paying someone to do it, as he is not a fan of heights and we have a two story foyer to paint, but a week before decided that maybe he could rent scaffolding and we could knock it out ourselves. Haha! I have to hand it to him - he got the scaffolding up, which was impressive in and of itself, and he even attempted to stand on top and paint with me. But, when it was shaking so bad, because he was shaking so much, that I was getting nervous, I told him to get off! He directed the painting and I finished up. It looks awesome. I've got some touch up to do still, but the foyer finally matches the rest of the house!

A fallman ....
This year we had the chance to take the kids to Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra's Yuletide at ISO's Hilbert Theater on the Circle in downtown Indy. We had been with my parents a few years ago and have wanted to take the kids ever since then. So we planned a big night out and took the kids to dinner at Cheddars ...


Big D earned MVP at school. He was so excited and even though I was scheduled to work I was able to sneak in the award's ceremony before I had to be at work -- love being there to see my kids grow, learn and feel successful!
The day after Thanksgiving we tackled a project that we've been eyeing for a LONG time (I think we've had paint samples on the wall for over 2 years!) J.D. had been talking about paying someone to do it, as he is not a fan of heights and we have a two story foyer to paint, but a week before decided that maybe he could rent scaffolding and we could knock it out ourselves. Haha! I have to hand it to him - he got the scaffolding up, which was impressive in and of itself, and he even attempted to stand on top and paint with me. But, when it was shaking so bad, because he was shaking so much, that I was getting nervous, I told him to get off! He directed the painting and I finished up. It looks awesome. I've got some touch up to do still, but the foyer finally matches the rest of the house!

A fallman ....
A snowman ...
Miss Lilly had a 'musical production' at school in November. She sang music from the 20's, 30's and 40's and even got to play the drums for one of the numbers.
The kids participated in Piano Camp with their piano teacher this fall. It was a little more intense than in years past, but in the end I think the practicing paid off and they did a great job.
Love Big D's face in this picture ... he cracks me up!
This year we had the chance to take the kids to Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra's Yuletide at ISO's Hilbert Theater on the Circle in downtown Indy. We had been with my parents a few years ago and have wanted to take the kids ever since then. So we planned a big night out and took the kids to dinner at Cheddars ...
Then headed downtown in the rain ... it was wonderful! Big D sat on the edge of his chair the entire performance, just taking it all in. There were dancing santas, beautiful music, Broadway stars, the premiere of Frozen the Musical's songs, tons of sparkly costumes,snow falling from the sky in the theater, and just a wonderful night all the way around.







No comments:
Post a Comment