A very cool place, especially for some boys that I know who happen to love baseball.
At one point Miss Lilly was complaining that 'Dad is taking too long to look at all the bats'.
I responded, 'Well, Miss Lilly, he loves baseball more than anything else in the world, so lets give him a few more minutes'
Miss Lilly then went to her dad and asked, 'Do you love baseball more than anything else in the world?!'
J.D. responded 'Almost - I love your mom more than anything else in the world.'
which then prompted Miss Lilly to gag, make a face and pretend to throw up ...
Thank heavens after 16 years, I rank a little higher than baseball!
There are my three - in front of the largest bat in the world!
J.D. and the kids showing off their mini-bats that everyone gets at the end of the tour. There was a fire alarm that went off just as we were shopping in the gift shop --- Miss Lilly was very bummed that we had to leave before we could go back in! I counted it a small blessing :)
We drove north east through southern Indiana to Clifty Falls for lunch and a hike before heading home. We had a little inch-worm friend join us for lunch ..
Then we set off on the hike. Clifty Falls is an ancient waterfall that used to plummet into the Ohio River, but over millions of years has worn back several miles to create these beautiful stepped falls.
It really was a beautiful place.
Master S even braved some steep stairs.
There is a lodge there and a pool with camping. Thinking we might need to head back sometime for a whole weekend.
This is Cake Rock - the only thing holding it up is a tree on the back, left hand side that you can't see in the picture.
Miss Lilly found a blue butterfly.
It was a wonderful little 24 hours getaway! So nice to live in the middle of so many amazing things within driving distance! Every time we go somewhere new I discover several more places that I want to check out before I leave the Midwest ... I may never leave!







No comments:
Post a Comment