Today is a milestone. Big D is at preschool and I'm not at work! Yea!!! It's just me. I miss him - he loves to have lunch with me, to run errands (most of the time - as long as it doesn't involve clothes) and take cat naps in the afternoon, or that is, quietly watch Blue's Clues while I take a cat nap. Is he really that old? Has time really passed by that quickly? But, he is in LOVE with preschool, and it was long overdue. He is so proud to be old enough to have a backpack and go to a school that we drive past. Every time we go past he says with a very confident smile, and a raise of the eyebrows, 'That's my school!'.
So, I'm home alone. Amazing! I keep finding myself looking over my shoulder, or pausing and trying to remember where Big D went ... and then it hits me, he's at preschool! I miss him, but I'm enjoying time to just BE. Just be me - finishing up a project, or starting several, cleaning the house, weeding the yard, thinking about dinner, shopping at the store, sitting on the couch doing absolutely nothing, just me without responsibility for a few hours - no work, no kids, no husband. It's a good thing.
Our neighbors are moving ... only a couple more weeks. I am going to miss them, and so are my children! Miss Lilly got a new bedroom set from them. She is loving it. She has a nicer bedroom than I do ...
And, did you know that JCPenny is giving kids free haircuts during the month of August?! All you have to do it make an appointment!
Well, we went yesterday ... they all needed them badly!
And now they all look so grown up to me! I kept looking at Master S - they cut his hair kinda like the boys have it cut in 'Leave it to Beaver'. Anyone remember that show? Anyway, it looks good on him, just throws me. And Miss Lilly cut off inches! AHHH! It does look super cute though!







2 comments:
Yeah for time alone at home! I get mine in 10 days, but who's counting?
ALONE? I really wouldn't know what to do with myself! I know you will enjoy it!! I know I am going to miss Ben terribly!! I love their hair cuts!!!
Post a Comment